HULBERT NANOOK TERRAIN PARK @ Ski Land
The Hulbert Nanook Terrain Park is proud to announce the next evolution of skiing and riding for UAF students. We have expanded the offerings available to students for this upcoming season and future seasons. Now beginner and advanced terrain are available. A full inventory of rentals is available to those without personal equipment. A beginner learning slope is in development. Finally, a shuttle is being planned for peak season. Why is a shuttle needed? The Hulbert Nanook Terrain Park will now be located at Ski Land off the Steese Highway.
UAF students taking 6 credits in a classroom and paying the SRC fee ($135) will now be able to get a season pass to Ski Land at no additional cost.
Stay in touch with Skiland on Facebook at www.facebook.com/skilandskiarea
Ski Land season pass FAQ
How do I get my pass?
- UAF students who are taking 6 credits in a classroom pay a $135 SRC fee through the normal fee process. This allows you access to the SRC, pool, and ice rink. If you pay this fee, you are now eligible for a Ski Land season pass. Ski Land will be at the SRC for two days in October (see the calendar of this page). Come to the SRC during these times to verify you paid the fee and get your pass printed. If you miss one of these days, come to the SRC to get a voucher to bring to any other Ski Land pass sales event or directly to the mountain. Mountain info can be found at www.skiland.org
Is there a shuttle to Ski Land?
- Ski Land will operate a shuttle most weekends. UAF has reserved 7 spots each day. Students can register using this Google Form. Please visit their website for details.
Students must sign-up in advance to ensure their seat. The driver will ask for you Ski Land Pass and Polar Express prior to boarding. If you sign-up for a time and don't show, you will not be allowed to sign-up again.
The bus schedule:
8:30am- UAF Wood Center
8:45am- Beaver Sports (please park in the back of the lot near Bun on the Run's location)
9:00am- Fred Meyers East (pickup near gas pumps)
9:45am- Arrive at Ski Land
The drop off schedule will be:*
5:15pm- Depart Ski Land
5:45pm- Fred Meyers East
6pm- Beaver Sports
6:15pm- UAF Wood Center
*Be aware these times will move back during the season, always watch for the updated times.Carpooling is encouraged as parking is limited at Ski Land.
I pay the SRC fee and my dependents buy SRC memberships. Do they qualify?
- Sorry, this is only for the actual student.
Will we get free rentals and lessons?
- No, all other services at the mountain have additional costs. However, student pricing is available.
Are there black-out dates?
- No. When Ski Land is open, your pass is valid.
Are there any reasons I will lose this pass?
- Ski Land and UAF reserve the right to revoke a pass at any time for any reason. Reckless use of the mountain and unsafe activities will not be tolerated. The student code of conduct applies to behavior at the mountain.
Why did UAF close the terrain park on campus?
- While the Hulbert Nanook Terrain Park was great, we wanted to make it available to all ability levels. We considered installing a tow-rope to make it more user friendly. However, by entering into this relationship with Ski Land, we can offer students a more broad service for a longer period of time.