UA Scholars receive award letters during the beginning of their senior year and must apply for admission (as a new student) by May 1 to reserve their award. Scholarships must start within 12 months of high school graduation. Your application fee will be waived when you select the UA Scholars application type when applying online.
The UA Scholars Program encourages Alaska's high school graduates to get their advanced education in Alaska.
The UA Scholars Award is an $12,000 scholarship which can cover eligible expenses such as undergraduate tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies and other educational costs associated with going to a UA school.
- Students eligible for the award are designated by their high school if they are in the top 10 percent of their junior class at the end of their junior year.
- The award is disbursed in the amount of $1,500 per semester for a total of eight semesters over a five year period.
- Scholars are required to maintain full-time enrollment status (minimum of 12 credits) and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Register with an email address and create a password.
- Create a profile with basic identification and contact information.
- Start an application, select a term, program and tell us about your academic history. Once you begin filling out an online application, you can save and complete it later.
- Electronically sign, pay and submit your application.
If you have any questions as you are going through the application process, please contact us — we are here to help.